As well as helping others, volunteering has been shown to improve volunteers' wellbeing and confidence and help them gain new skills and experiences that are valued in the workplace.
We work with organisations to support cohorts of employees to become volunteers for our Shout text support service.
Find out more about volunteering for Shout
Every Shout Volunteer:
- Receives 25 hours of training, gaining communication, active listening and problem solving skills which are transferable to the workplace
- Gets to volunteer how they want – including from home or the office
- Joins a pioneering team and a supportive community of volunteers across the UK
- Has a meaningful impact on people’s lives and makes a difference
A recent survey of Shout Volunteers found that:
- 99% like the flexibility Shout offers
- 95% say volunteering gives them a sense of purpose from making a difference to people's lives
- 85% agree their volunteering role gives them knowledge, skills and experience that enrich their day-to-day lives
- 70% say that volunteering has had a positive impact on their wellbeing