Reporting to: Director of Data Insights
Location: London W10 (partly remote)
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
● 25 days annual leave pro rata plus public holidays
● Company electronic devices
● Competitive pension
● Excellent opportunities for training and career progression
● Health insurance
About Mental Health Innovations
Mental Health Innovations is a charity that uses digital innovation, data-driven analysis and the experience of clinical experts to improve the mental health of the UK population through the provision of digital tools, support and resources.
We were founded in November 2017, with the support of The Royal Foundation, following the Heads Together campaign which identified the potential that digital tools offer in supporting people struggling with their mental health.
Our mission is to use data-driven analysis, clinical expertise and technological innovation to develop and sustain pioneering digital products and services that meet underserved needs and that improve the mental health of the UK population.
Our vision is that everyone in the UK has access to the digital mental health services that they need and can access appropriate, high-quality support quickly and efficiently through the power of technology.
Diversity and inclusion
Our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive organisation that is representative of the UK population at all levels, including our Board of Trustees, our staff, our volunteers and our beneficiaries. We believe that diversity among our staff will lead us to have a creative and empowered team that can develop and deliver high quality services. We want these services to be known to and accessed by a diverse range of the UK population, including demographics that are underserved by mental health support services.
About Shout 85258
Shout 85258 is a free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone who is struggling to cope. We launched publicly in May 2019 and we’ve had more than 970,000 conversations with people who are anxious, stressed, depressed, suicidal or overwhelmed and who need immediate support. As a digital service, Shout 85258 has become increasingly critical since Covid-19, being one of the few mental health support services able to operate as normal at this time.
The aim of this role is to provide expertise in mixed-methods psychological research (e.g. thematic analyses) for the Data Insights Team to better understand psychological aspects of the Shout service and to provide psychological insights of relevance to other data projects.
Key duties and responsibilities:
● Lead qualitative research projects within the Data Insights Team, including the thematic analysis of text based conversations.
● Contribute to other data projects with the Data Insights Team.
● Contribute to data projects conducted with external partners, including advising students.
● Act as a link between the Data Insights Team and the Clinical Supervision Team.
● Provide psychological insights to inform and guide the Shout service.
● Undergraduate degree in a relevant subject area.
● Research experience in mixed-methods approaches, including thematic analysis, with a PhD or equivalent in a relevant area.
● Ability to conceive, conduct, and complete research projects.
● Ability to interact with MSc and/or PhD students as part of our research partnerships.
● Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly to a range of stakeholders.
● Excellent attention to detail.
● Experience with the analysis of text-based mental health-related transcripts.
This role is subject to eligibility to work in the UK, plus satisfactory DBS and reference checks.
To apply, please download and fully complete the accompanying application pack here and return it to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 31st January 2022.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and we will interview on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.