To apply please send a short CV (no more than two pages) and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role and the post you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have not provided a cover letter, you will not be considered.
Reporting To: Head of Content and Media
Location: London, W10
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 p/a
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Contract: Full Time Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
- 25 days annual leave pro rata (plus public holidays)
- Company electronic devices
- Excellent opportunities for training and career progression
- Vitality Health Insurance
- Competitive pension
About Shout 85258
Shout 85258 is a free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone who is struggling to cope. We launched publicly in May 2019 and we’ve had more than 800,000 conversations with people who are anxious, stressed, depressed, suicidal or overwhelmed and who need immediate support. As a digital service, Shout 85258 has become increasingly critical since Covid-19, being one of the few mental health support services able to operate as normal at this time.
About Mental Health Innovations
Mental Health Innovations (MHI) is a charity that uses digital innovation, data-driven analysis and the experience of clinical experts to improve the mental health of the UK population through the provision of digital tools, support and resources. We were founded in November 2017, with the support of The Royal Foundation, following the Heads Together campaign which identified the potential that digital tools offer in supporting people struggling with their mental health. Our mission is to use data-driven analysis, clinical expertise and technological innovation to develop and sustain pioneering digital products and services that meet underserved needs and that improve the mental health of the UK population. Our vision is that everyone in the UK has access to the digital mental health services that they need and can access appropriate, high-quality support quickly and efficiently through the power of technology.
Diversity and inclusion
Our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive organisation that is representative of the UK population at all levels, including our Board of Trustees, our staff, our volunteers and our beneficiaries. We believe that diversity among our staff will lead us to have a creative and empowered team that can develop and deliver high quality services. We want these services to be known to and accessed by a diverse range of the UK population, including demographics that are underserved by mental health support services.
Shout’s Marketing and Communications team is small but with big ambitions, and we are looking for a highly motivated and driven Marketing and Communications Officer. We are looking for someone who is passionate, hard-working, creative and full of ideas for how to bring a story to life. If you have excellent knowledge of digital fundraising, managing social media platforms and digital marketing, love creating cross-channel content that drives action, and can build relationships with a variety of stakeholders including influencers and are a great team player, we want to hear from you!
You will increase participation in and engagement with our digital fundraising, running our Facebook Challenges, recruiting fundraising participants, engaging our fundraising community, moderating the Group communications and maximising the return on investment. You will also develop and run new digital fundraising initiatives.
You will increase the reach and impact of Shout’s profile and visibility to both core and diverse audiences, through the delivery of high value and influential marketing and communications in the UK, helping to tell the story of what Shout 85258 is and reach the people who need us most. To achieve this you will help plan our content marketing calendar and be responsible for delivering campaigns across multiple channels, with a focus on digital media.
You will produce content for our website and social channels, for our paid digital marketing campaigns and for media and partner marketing activity. You will manage our Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Twitter communities, tailoring content to our audience and creating safe and supportive environments, responding to questions on social media and via email. You will also contribute to the planning of events and campaigns, with a focus on maximising opportunities for digital. You will retain and grow our influencer network and engage them in our communications activities.
You will regularly report on how our digital fundraising, content, social channels and digital marketing is performing, providing key learnings and recommendations to drive continuous improvement and growth. You will be happy to help with admin tasks which will assist with the overall success of the Marketing and Communications team.
The job will involve managing a community of stakeholders, partners and influencers to keep them up to date on important moments and ensure they are informed of our work and able to support.Our staff and volunteers are at the heart of everything we do and you will empower and include them in content marketing opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role and be able to demonstrate their enthusiasm and their work to date towards a career in communications and marketing. They will have excellent attention to detail and put quality at the heart of everything they do. They will also demonstrate their ability to work under their own steam and use initiative, whilst understanding and demonstrating good judgement and caution required in a high-profile environment.
- Running our Facebook Challenges, recruiting, moderating, maximising and reporting
- Developing and delivering other digital fundraising initiatives
- Feeding into and implementing the content marketing strategy, ensuring the success of key communications moments for Shout 85258
- Managing a calendar of content to ensure channels running smoothly and with relevant, creative and engaging content
- Creating digital assets including graphics, gifs and video for fundraising and social media activity, using programmes such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere Pro
- Responsible for the day to day running of social media accounts and ensuring that content is posted appropriately for each channel with target audiences in mind
- Moderating and engaging with social media communities in a timely and appropriate manner and following procedures for any high risk content
- Identifying, managing and nurturing influencer relationships that help us reach and communicate with our key target audiences
- Assisting with and creating content for the website, press releases, case studies and marketing materials
- Supporting the wider team activity in promoting Shout 85258
- Contributing ideas and content to internal newsletters and our volunteer and staff community to maximise internal ambassadors
- Providing creative ideas to promote the work of Shout 85258
- Representing the Marketing and Communications team in meetings
- Supporting partnerships with content and managing relationships with partner stakeholders
- Producing reports on digital activity, tracking progress against KPIs
- Providing administrative support to the Communications team
- Responding to requests via the media email inboxes
- Attending events which may fall out of working hours (some national travel may be required occasionally)
Key Skills & Competencies
- Excellent, demonstrable understanding of social media platforms and social media trends
- Experience of digital fundraising, particularly Facebook Challenges
- Experience of digital marketing
- Experience of influencer engagement
- Confident communicator
- Excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Proofreading skills
- Fluent IT skills (including the use of Macs)
- Strong copywriting and content creation skills
- Experience of InDesign plus Adobe Creative suite, including Photoshop and Premiere Pro
- Experience using website CMS platforms
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining quality
- Excellent judgement
- Keen to learn
- Proactive self-starter and creative thinker
- Adaptable to the needs of the organisation
- Great team player
- Background working in charity comms with experience in the mental health sector is desirable but not essential
You can find out more about Shout 85258 at www.giveusashout.org and Mental Health Innovations at https://mentalhealthinnovations.org/
This role is subject to eligibility to work in the UK, plus satisfactory DBS and reference checks.
Please note that we will interview on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close the advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.