Reporting To: Director of Data Insights
Location: London, W10
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum, depending upon experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Contract: Full time permanent (upon successful completion of a 2-month probation period)
Start date: ASAP
Notice period: 1 month
- 25 days annual leave pro rata (plus public holidays)
- Company electronic devices
- Excellent opportunities for training and career progression
- Flexible working & working from home
- Vitality Health Insurance
- Competitive pension
About Mental Health Innovations
Mental Health Innovations is a charity that uses digital innovation, data-driven analysis and the experience of clinical experts to improve the mental health of the UK population through the provision of digital tools, support and resources. We were founded in November 2017, with the support of The Royal Foundation, following the Heads Together campaign which identified the potential that digital tools offer in supporting people struggling with their mental health. Our mission is to use data-driven analysis, clinical expertise and technological innovation to develop and sustain pioneering digital products and services that meet underserved needs and that improve the mental health of the UK population. Our vision is that everyone in the UK has access to the digital mental health services that they need and can access appropriate, high-quality support quickly and efficiently through the power of technology.
This role sits within the Data Insights team and reports to the Director of Data Insights. You will work closely with members of the Data Insights team and others throughout the organisation.
The aim of the Data Insights team is to provide data insights for the organisation to make data-driven decisions about the delivery of the Shout service, to provide data insights that inform the development of future mental health services and products at MHI, and to provide data insights about the mental health of Shout texters of interest to others in the mental health sector and beyond.
The main aim of this role is to expand our data science capabilities with a particular focus on using Natural Language Processing (NLP) and machine learning approaches to understanding anonymised text-based conversation content.
- Develop internal data science capabilities
- Support partnerships with external data scientists
- Support partnerships with academic researchers
- Conduct investigative, analytics projects for different parts of the organisation
- Produce reporting dashboards
- Produce data insights reports for external communications
- Produce data insights reports for internal communications
- Training other staff
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant, quantitative subject (e.g., Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science)
- PhD in a relevant, quantitative subject (e.g., Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science)
- Experience working as a Data Scientist
- Experience using Python and/or R for analytics and statistics.
- Experience using machine learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to analyse text.
- Experience producing high-quality written reports, data visualisations, and presentations
- Excellent communication skills with experience of communicating results clearly in verbal and written formats to a range of stakeholders, including non-specialists
- Excellent attention to detail
- An interest in mental health, neuroscience, and psychology
This role is subject to eligibility to work in the UK, plus satisfactory DBS and reference checks.
Please send a CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is 20th May 2021.